Sunday, November 11, 2007

Remember the Spice Girls

I remember the Spice Girls. I remember the high school days. I remember pop music and how it still defines my musical taste to this day.



I remember the fun and friendship. Those days when I still consider myself young and innocent. From Wannabe to Let Love Lead the Way, I've followed the Spice Girls music. I know all their songs and have all their albums, and I am far from being their number one fan.



I remember elementary school where my classmates were singing "2 Become 1" from a songhits. I remember how I'll always play "Mama" during Mother's Day. I remember how Bubble Gang made a spoof of "Who Do You Think You Are". I remember myself waiting for the radio to play "Spice Up Your Life" so I will be able to record it with my cassette player. I remember how we used to dance to "Stop" and how we listened to "Viva Forever", feeling glum because Geri has left.



Now the Spice Girls are together again. But the younger generation will not be able to appreciate them as much as we did. Because they don't have the memories we have.



The Spice Girls is but one reminder of how much everyone has changed. They say I've changed more than most. I keep saying I've changed for the better yet it hurts to remember who I used to be.



I'm older and still getting older, and people are changing. At least I should be thankful I've had moments I can look back to.



Cheers to the Spice Girls. For reminding us of those days.



Maybe they'll have a spot in my upcoming album.

2 comments:

  1. Spice Girls! waah! I so love them! i share the same sentiment sir... =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Haven't been here in a long time. Hay I love the spice girls. I was a spice girl hahaha (in our barkada lang naman). I think I was emma... hahahaha. if u wanna be my lover....

    ReplyDelete