Thursday, June 7, 2012

21st Century Whore

Hey put the lights on me please
'Cause I'mma start my striptease
Make me glow in soft yellow
Because I'm gonna start mellow

Strutting to the center stage
As I start on another page
Which juicy secret to divulge?
Which fancy thought must I indulge?

I need some scandal, make it quick
Some filth, some dirty little trick
I need to bask in adulation
Love and hate and adoration

Which must I serve from my thought cauldron?
Have you a taste for some rebellion?
Lambast some social institution
With choicest verbal ammunition

Or perhaps you have a craving
For a tale of love and longing
Served with despair and a dash of irony
Washed down with salty tears aplenty

Now for dessert, nothing is better
Than sweaty bodies on a platter
Come closer dear, taste naked skin
There's nothing better than secret sin

Oh there's just nothing I wouldn't do
To steal your eyes and keep them glued
Foment more rumors, stir more gossip
To sear my name on every lip

'Cause I'm your 21st century whore
Spotlights and hot seats I adore
Who cares if I'm on a downward spiral
So long as my story becomes viral

They say I'm the fool with no ambition
Trapped in a life with no real traction
But they don't know that my real mission
Is to be the center of attention




No comments:

Post a Comment