Thursday, January 3, 2008

This Blog

Ah. It's been ages since I've been here in this blog. The longest time I've gone without rattling the keyboard. So much for that "regularly annoying" blogger...



There was a reason, reader, why I was away. For one, I have been very busy with work and my acads. For another, I got sick. You've missed a lot of happenings in my life, reader. The anniversary, my aunt's death, things at home, my escapades, and discoveries about myself. And I missed recording the significant ones here. It is my loss.



There was a time, reader, some days ago, when I thought that blogging was just a phase in my life and that I'm over it now. For the first time, I felt that I needed no audience. I needed no outlet. That I was complete and that writing, from then on, would be a chore.



I was afraid of that feeling. I was afraid of that big change in me. For two years, aside from my albums, this blog was the most constant thing in my life. This blog was my free domain, where I can say almost anything that I want. This blog contained almost everything that happened. I lived in this blog. I've made a world out of my entries and now, I'm having thoughts of quitting?



Then, I realize, reader, what my utmost reason in writing is. I learned that it wasn't really for the comments or for the attention. It was not really for self-actualization or for self-expression. I discovered that I write simply for myself. For the small pleasure I get seeing my words on the screen.



I change, reader. And there may come a day when no more entries will come out of this blog. But even so, what I've written here will remain as a testament of the life I once lived. I am proud of that life. I may have made a fool out of myself a number of times. I may have hurt some people, but I don't regret the things I've revealed in here. That was who I was.



Ah. I'm rambling and being emo. Bye for now.



I missed being in here.

2 comments:

  1. i salute you my dear sir bry... =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...you could be rambling and emo, but this is one of my favorite posts.

    *squishes*

    ReplyDelete