Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Best Teacher

He was sitting on the edge of the bed and I approached him from behind like I was the hunter and he the prey. I wrapped my legs around him and I breathed down his neck. My hands trapped his arms while my tongue touched his nape. And as he squirmed and sighed and slithered within my arms, I thanked you for teaching me the tricks to this trade. I learned from the best, Baby. I learned from you.

And as he pulled me down on him, I pressed his buttons like how you taught me. My hands traveled the length of his body just as it used to traverse yours. If I closed my eyes, I could imagine he was you and this was just another Friday night four years ago. And as we lay there stark naked, our limbs entwined with each other, I gave silent thanks to you. I learned from the best, Baby. I learned from you.

Then he pulled me towards the bathroom. He pulled me towards the tub. And the warm water overflowed and enveloped us as we embraced each other. The lapping of the water was curiously obscene, but not as obscene as the curses he was mixing with my name. And as we lay there panting, with the rushing of the water close beneath our ears, I could have whispered your name and he wouldn't have noticed. He was happy as a cat in the creamery, and I was happy that I was making him happy, but it was all thanks to you. I learned from the best, Baby. I learned from you.

And as we lay back on the bed, resting, my head lying on his chest. I whisper sweet nothings without meaning any of them. We giggle and wrestle and I make pretend I was smitten. And he would raise his defenses but I would destroy them one by one. And when he has fallen, that is when I will leave. Because that was how you played me Baby. That was how the rest of them played. But I am grown now, and I am not as naive as I was before I met you. I know what to do now. I know how to play. I learned from the best, Baby. I learned from you.


No comments:

Post a Comment