Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hertz

I want to be a musician. I want to take my listeners on a ride. I want to impart a message. I want to share my ruminations on love. On happiness and sadness and the gray areas in between. On feelings and their absence. I want to share stories about life. I want to touch lives.

There is a whole world inside my head. It's not perfect but it's alive. So alive that it is bursting at the seams and leaking out of the perimeters of my brain. They come out as my blogs, my Facebook posts, and my albums. They come out and I let them because I want them to last. I don't want to die without leaving any imprints behind. I don't want to die without making this world a bit better than when I first came into it.

There is so much to be shared and so much left to discover. And sadly I don't have anyone else's hand to hold as I go deeper into these cerebral adventures. I don't have anyone to whisper all these exciting ideas to so I shout them out to the world instead. Maybe someone will hear. Maybe someone will make something out of it. Maybe someone will catch a glimpse of this whole world inside of me.

Musicians, they're lucky to be given the chance to share all these melodies and meanings. And we're lucky to be able to hear them and learn from them and feel them. And mutually, we grow and change. For the worse or for the better, it doesn't matter. Just as long as we get something out of it.

The afternoon sunlight pours through the window and I'm lying on my bed, just listening to this beautiful song I just unearthed today. And as the curtain flutters because of the wind coming in from that faraway storm, somehow, I find in it a special meaning. Such is the power of a good song. It transports you to states you never even thought existed within you.

Once I finish this blog, I will stand up and look at the window. I just want to look at the street, at the houses, at the overcast sky. I know that someone out there is doing the same.

I got tired of searching, too bruised to walk. But I'll broadcast my thoughts all the same. I still have the strength to do that at least. Somewhere, someone out there is doing the same.


And it is during times like these when this conviction grows - that I'm one of those few who'd rather be blind than deaf.

The eyes, they're superficial. They only see what is on the outside. But when we listen instead, that is when we hear what is real. What cannot be hidden by bright colors or special effects. It's easy to paint a face but nothing can truly muffle the beating of one's heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment