Thursday, September 27, 2007

Music Update: Reasons to Listen to "Reason"

The embodiment of Electrique Records, Sir Bry Aldasiel was given an ambush interview by Rioters as he was making emote near UP Diliman's Sunken Garden. As expected, he was smoking and listening to music while looking at his surroundings in a trance-like manner induced by too much smoking.



Q: Mr. Aldasiel, what can your listeners expect from your 9th album, "Reason"?



A: There's a lot of maturity in this album. Each song has an independent feel. They contain themselves, whether they be happy or sad ones.



Q: What is this album's theme, if there is any?



A: Basically, the album is about letting go of someone you have held on to for so long. The album illustrates this point very effectively, in my opinion.



Q: Were you influenced by personal experiences in the making of this album?



A: Yes. I have always made my albums personal. You should know that.



Q: Would you like to share that particular experience?



A: In essence, it is about myself. About how I let go of this person, who for a long time has resided in a special place in my heart. It's about me and him. Hunter.



Q: Intriguing. So does this mean that the album will be dominated by sad love songs?



A: Sad songs yes, but not your typical love songs. Of all my albums, this is the one which contains the most number of unreleased and relatively unheard of songs. I've done a lot of researching to come up with the songs in this collection. At the most, my average listener will be familiar with only two or three songs.



Q: Wow. So this will be dominated by really new songs. How do you expect your listeners to react to that?



A: My greatest fear about this album is that I'm afraid my listeners will get bored with it since most songs are slow and trance-like, and they are unfamiliar with them. Unlike my last two albums, this doesn't have as many catchy rhythms. There's a sort of a dark magical feel throughout the album which makes it impossible to include "dancey" or groovy tracks.



Q: "Light" was an immediate success because it was very easy to listen to, the type of album you can play everyday and make you feel great. It was so light. Most critics say that that was its strength. What is "Reason"'s?



A: Its maturity. There are songs in my previous albums, which after some time, I regret to have included in the collection. For this one, all songs glow with a certain "classy style".This album's target audience is the slightly older ones. Those who are really into music. Only those people, I think, can appreciate the album fully.



Q: Have you given advanced copies to your close friends? If so, what were their reactions?



A: Some said it was, indeed, my most mature album. They enjoyed it, though some wouldn't say it was my best one. One of those who got advanced copies told me that she liked "Forca" better, although that is understandable since she hasn't listened to the albums that well yet. "Forca" is catchier, and will get immediate fans. "Reason" is the type of album which grows on you, and hence will be remembered longer than my other albums. That is, if they listen to it often enough.



Q: Were you satisfied by the final lineup? I've heard that initially you've encountered difficulties in this one.



A: My first problem was that I was trying to stick to a theme which will unify all tracks and that was a problem then, because the tracks are yet to be trimmed down. I've done my best with the final list and I am satisfied with it. I got help from my friends in choosing the final songs. They made it easier for me to eliminate songs.



Q: Can you say that this is your best effort to date?



A: I am not sure. I think my other albums were really good too. But if I were asked to pick my top three albums, I'd definitely include "Reason".



Q: What would the other two be?



A: "Lovely" and "Light".



Q: Last question, why name the album "Reason"? Is there a particular track where the title came from?



A: No, there are no title tracks. I think there isn't even a song with the word "reason" in the lyrics. I've thought of the title some months ago. It just came to my mind. It is a word with many meanings. There are many reasons why I called it "Reason", and I'll leave the listener to figure it out.



***



"REASON" will be released this Sunday, 30 September 2007. Ask for copies now if you're interested. Five free copies left to give away. These copies are, of course, not very easy to make, so please avail of the copies only if you're really interested in the album. Make sure that you will give the album justice and not just leave it lying around covered in dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment