Friday, September 7, 2007

White

I am sad as every winter is inevitably sad
I am cold as every winter is inevitably cold
My white heart is as icy as freshly fallen snow
My red soul is as gusty as the freezing wind's blow



I was born a melancholic and perhaps will die as one
I was born a masochistic, in my wounds I see my fun
I was born to chase forever the pure brightness of the sun
I was born to run forever, never resting, getting none



I have lived to see my loved ones fade amidst the dawning gray
I have lived to see my dreams approach then slowly fade away
I have lived to see that dead ends lurk in every path I take
I have lived to hear, to taste, to feel, to relish my decay



I have seen you cry in no man's land, a welcome in your arms
I have seen you try and lift me from my limitation scars
I have seen you fly and anchor me in heaven with the stars
I have seen you die in agony, your blood hot on my arms



I have witnessed golden lamp lights flicker bright then out they go
I have heard of many anguished cries forgotten long ago
I have made mountains of ashes out of flowers I once grow
I'm an avalanche of hatred burning deeply, mild as snow



I am nothing like the Bryan, the stubborn son my mother knows
I am nothing like the Bo, the child, the nerd, they used to know
I am nothing like the Bry, the changed, the man that they now know
I am hidden, I am nowhere, I am no one that you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment