Monday, September 17, 2007

Weeds

I am walking through the garden in my mind. There are weeds. I look at them and I pull them up. They keep springing and I keep pulling them up. I have to do that occasionally, otherwise my garden will be outgrown by them.



I asked god to help me clear them up. I asked god, but he wouldn't answer. He wouldn't answer. So I have to work by myself and keep pulling them up occasionally.



I am tired. I get tired. Because new weeds keep springing up. It's something I have no control of. I pull the weeds. Because I have to and I need to.



I am waiting for god's answer. I am waiting, although I know he wouldn't answer me. It just hurts me really bad when here I am, just wishing to fix things up - make my garden weed-free. All good intentions. And god doesn't acknowledge it. I am a worm in his eyes. And a worm is how I feel whenever he does that to me.



I keep pulling weeds, they don't have a place in my garden. I pull them up. I pull them, and I am so tired it makes me cry. I am so tired because I have to keep a straight face as I pull weeds in my garden. I am so tired, and I don't learn enough. I know tomorrow my garden will be weed-free. Tonight there might be weeds. Tomorrow there will be none. Time is my friend. But when they're here I pull them up because that is what I should do.



Somebody told me that I should pick the weeds and keep the flowers. Somebody told me that. Sometimes I agree. Sometimes I ask myself why I should keep the flowers in the first place.



I pull the weeds. I pull the weeds. I pull the weeds so I can think of nothing else. So I can feel nothing else. I pull them, and I get so tired it makes me cry. My tears fall on the ground and new weeds spring up before my eyes, absorbing my fallen tears. I pull them out and stop my crying.



I wish I were somewhere else, far away from here.



I went inside the house in my mind, and came back carrying flowers. I throw them away on the ground since they're not worth keeping.



The next day I found weeds growing from the dead flowers.



I pulled them up. And I asked god again to stop them from coming. I know he wouldn't answer, but I'm hoping he'll relent.



And I'm still waiting. Still waiting as new weeds spring up before my eyes. I pull them. And I am so tired, but I pull them.



I pull them.



I pull them.



I pull them because I don't have any other choice.



And I am so tired. I am so tired.



But I pull them.



I pull the weeds. I pull the flowers.



3 comments:

  1. I think that you have a pretty big flower in your garden right now (D****n). Honey, just trample the weeds. If they let you down, then keep them down. Don't make them ruin your garden for you. All of us have weedy gardens, but it all depends on the way you look at it. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. i used to think weed were pretty - that was, before i learned they were weeds. then i thought them ugly because i thought they should be thought ugly.

    it's a matter of perspective. you know what? i say let the weeds grow. fuck them all. let them take over. you see, the bigger they are, the easier they are to step on. and THEN they'll have to worry about you, and not the other way around.

    cheer up, you emo person. bitching's too fun to let problems stand in the way. :)

    ReplyDelete