Friday, February 17, 2006

Love Spell

Valentine's Day never seemed to be such an important holiday to me before. Never have I been so anxious, never have I felt so special, never have I felt the energy hanging in the air on this day before. Last year's Valentine's, I was at home, absent from school. I never even remembered that it was Valentine's...



This year though... it is different. I already knew Valentine's will fall on a Tuesday last month. Plans came and went. Schemes came and went. But my real Valentine's surprise hasnt even come yet. I thought that since on V-day, everyone's expecting surprises, Id better reserve my surprise on another day. Is that logical? You know me, I am a nonconformist.



Fish died today. Our pet fighting fish named Fish. I saw him lying on his side on the bottom of his small aquarium home. It is sad, losing Fish. I used to like him very much.  Even if I cannot even touch him... Sigh. 2006 is indeed a year of losses. Even animals will die this year. I so very hope my pet cat, Baby, wont die this year. Fish only lasted a week. Baby has been with me for five years now. It would be harder for me to lose him.



Marnie, my Chem 16 student last sem, has been taking tutorials with me for her Chem 17 exam on Sunday. It feels nice, that I am still able to talk to her, and laugh with her, and share memories with her. She is often with Adrian, and that, in a small way, makes me happy too since it seems that I was involved in how they became friends. I am glad I am still in touch with a handful of my past students. When we're together, you will not guess that I was their teacher last sem, not a common friend. Well, unless you her them calling me "Sir" occasionally...



I had a henna tattoo done on my forearm last night. A lightning bolt. It did not really look like how I drew it to the artist, but it should do. When it starts to get ugly, I will have it covered with a bracelet.



Ive been to the Fair twice now - last night and on V-day, and Im planning to come again tonight. My students invited me. Well, my money these days is more slippery than water for me to hold on to.. I wonder when I can really save. February is not conducive for saving. Will the Valentine's bonus really come?



Tonight I am going to the Fair again. With my Chem 28.1 students. Too bad I wasnt able to meet my Chem 16 students yesterday. Perhaps they would have invited me too.



I am really happy that I am able to spend time with my students. Soon, it will be over, so I am stocking up as many memories as I can. I have a feeling that I will have fun tonight, spending the night with my students. Riding the Octopus (aka Variety Show), having tattoos, eating, walking around, listening to the bands, sitting on the grass, meeting friends. I like being one with my students in spirit and in spirit still!

No comments:

Post a Comment