Monday, February 13, 2006

Like an Ogier to a Stedding

My Chiyo's love (take note, I am only using my as an indication that I am referring to the Chiyo I am with. I do not own her, and no one should ever will) is like so many things. For one, it is like cooking tuna carbonara impromptu on a weekend morning. We are not always given the best of options, and we often had to make do with what is available, and yet through her wit and innovative ideas, she can come up with something very very tasty. Cooking involves hard work and patience (which I unfortunately do not have) and you need to be motivated for your dish to be really really good. Well, I had the chance to have a taste of my Chiyos' love and I have to say that it is very good and can compare with dishes from other restaurants. I am not aiming for flattery, in fact, I was very surprised that the dish turned out very good. Seems like "Like Water for Chocolate" is real after all.



My Chiyo's love is like washing my underwear. She knows my deepest... secrets. I have nothing to hide from her. She has seen all of me (hehe). All she needs to do is ask and I will tell her what she needs to know. Transparency, for me, plays a big part in relationships. Both sides should know what is going on inside each other's heads and hearts. And that should not be a burden or a discomfort when both are aiming to make their relationship last. Scrubbing out the dirt which accumulated over the day on my undies. Not wincing at the weirdness of the task - that is my Chiyo. She knows that it is for my own well-being and she will not hesitate to help me in ways that I am incapable (which I might say are quite many). Besides, she will also benefit from my clean undies. Cleaner... surroundings?



My Chiyo's love is like the silver ring she gave me as a gift for this Valentine's. It came early, out of plan, all things going wrong and yet she was still able to surprise me. With her "Love Actually" pauso of using index cards with words on them and not speaking, I have to say I was charmed (and that is something, knowing that I am made of equal parts of whalebone and iron). Something you think went wrong and yet life came in to help you out. Like what Alanis says in "Ironic", life has a funny way of helping you out. Her love is like my new silver ring, because I cant help but notice it. It sparkles like a diamond even though it is made of silver. At first glance, it is simple but when you look closely, it is full of fine details. But you can never see what is inside unless you take the ring off of my finger (which is a very difficult task since I can hardly remove it sometimes). What is written inside is very simple and yet has a way of touching my heart no one else has done before.



My Chiyo's love is like hours spent on the rooftop beneath the night sky. On some nights there may be no stars, or no moon. Some nights, there are no clouds. But there is always the lights of the city. the darkness in the trees. The cool night wind. Things may not always be as best as they can be, and yet spending time there is never a waste of time. When I go down from the rooftop, I am always filled with a sense of something slowly being filled inside me. Something which makes me feel relaxed, my thoughts clear. Something which cannot be fully explained but has something to do with just spending time with my Chiyo-san on the rooftop.



My Chiyo's love is like hours spent laying on her bed. When you dont ever feel like getting up. I always had to get out of her bed because of work or chores or of necessity, but never because I just wanted to. Sometimes, we wish that the hours would not pass while we are lying there, simply holding each other close, talking little, just having some really good quality time with each other. Just that. Just knowing that I am there and she is there and we are together... finally.



My Chiyo's love is like passing through hell's glare and back. Passing through the worst kinds of situations typical in drama series on television. Scenes fit for an afternoon ala-TGIS show. Undergoing so much emotional trauma that we needed to take in antidepressants (joke!). When almost everyone disagrees with what we are doing. It is us against the world , and we have won! We have won! I will say it to your face moralist. Jokes on you, you pessimist! We have won! We have passed through hell not once but THRICE! (Ala Susan Roces). When things are meant to happen, it will happen. Despite the odds.



But most of all, my Chiyo's love is like... my Chiyo. She's probably lying on her bed now. Waiting for me to come home. Waiting to pester me about where I went. Waiting to tell her stories about what happened during her day. Wondering what I am doing... Things are simply not the same without my Chiyo here. Right now, I feel the need to go home (like an Ogier to a stedding) and just see her, and sit beside her, and fool around... hehe. Nah. I simply like being with her. God, I am sliding down hill from my old self, and I never thought it would feel this good.



Happy Valentine's Day, my Chiyo. I dont want to say those three words here. You know that I am not one who just throws those three words around to anyone anytime. I dont want them to become bland the next time I say them. They are three very precious and meaningful words and perhaps you might hear them some time soon...

1 comment: