Tuesday, April 11, 2006

One Summer Night

It was past 1am in the morning. I was still awake, listening to music and calculating stuff for my countdown. My parents were already asleep upstairs. Because it was vacation, my nocturnal self has adjusted my sleeping pattern such that I go to sleep around 5 or 6 in the morning. 1am was still too early to go to bed and read, I decided to open the door for some fresh air and pollute it with cigarette smoke. When I looked outside after opening the door, I saw him hanging around near our house. I smiled.



I caught his eye as I opened the door a little. He saw me, got the hint and he came inside quietly. I openly observed the way he walked. Like he owns the place. Confident, slow, and arrogant. Without a word, he passed by me and entered our house. I closed the door as quietly as I could, preventing the wind chimes from tinkling.



He was already in his favorite chair, lounging, by the time I got back to him. He blinked, and then he closed his eyes. Well, I cannot blame him if he was sleepy. It was late.



I continued what I was doing. Often, though, he distracts me. I just cant keep myself from looking at him once in a while. He's just too cute. I cannot help myself.



We've been five years together, him and I. Just this Valentine's. It was harder lately, since I had to go live away from home during the last year. I missed him. But no matter, he's always around when I go home on weekends. Putting my pen down, I went near him and wove my fingers through his hair.



I like him a lot because he is so much like me. Passive, stoic, indifferent, snobbish. He's sweet sometimes. Like when it's cold, he'll suddenly come near you and he'll sit on your lap. During those rare moments, I try to be as still as possible to make him feel more comfortable. I like how I feel his warmth suffusing through my thighs.



I bent low and kissed him. I kissed his forehead. My hands moving through his hair. My mom has seen me kiss him. And like her reaction to most of the things I do, she disapproves. She says it is dirty, kissing him. I don't pay her any mind though, I kiss him again just to prove that. I cannot remember if my Dad has seen me kiss him. If he did, he didn't say anything about it.



My hands travel to the rest of his body. To his chest, to his abdomen, his arms, his legs. Soft and delicate, I feel every part of him. I held his hand and pressed it, he pressed back. I slapped his thighs, and he jerked. I like it when I please him.



I tried holding his tail with my right hand. It was stiff, and it pressed against my hand. If I hold it too hard, he moans. Most of the time, he does not allow me to hold it, so I handle his tail as gently as I could.



I have tried sleeping with him before. My mom of course will not allow such a thing. But it's really not that big a deal. I mean, I can clean up if ummm... things get messy. And besides, she cannot do anything if she finds me lying beside him in the morning. What's done is done, right? But out of respect for her, I didn't do my plan. Maybe soon, though, now that she's becoming more lenient with us.



After a while, we went outside. He doesn't smoke though. So, I just sat there, puffing, watching him watch me with his beautiful eyes. I thought of the usual stuff, and for more than once I wished that I could talk to him. I mean, really talk. Have a good conversation. But sadly, I know, that through all the years we have been together and for the years to come, all that I will be able to hear from him is a meow.



But despite that, I still love him. I will always love my pet cat, Baby.



1 comment: