Thursday, April 27, 2006

The Song

The song was beating inside my head as the dark clouds above swirled amidst a still darker sky. My head was spinning, as fast as thoughts alone could make your head spin. Soon, I will fall, I thought. And this madness will stop eventually.



Back and forth was the sound of that voice inside my ears. Back and forth, until the chaos suddenly left me. Leaving me looking foolish. A bemused expression upon my face and yet my thoughts were empty.



It was then that I jumped. I jumped from the rooftop down to whatever lies below me. Madness. Madness that was and yet I've never felt so exhilirated. I formed my fist into a ball and punched the pavement on which I landed. Pow! I punched and I punched until the ground cracked, leaving my fist a bloody stump. I punched and I punched until I buried myself. Die! Die! Die! I don't deserve to live this life. Die so I can just end it. I can do this but I don't want it. I want that but I can't do it.



Lightning flashed and thunder roared as the rain poured down on my misery. Bury me with it God! Bury me! Are there really two paths before me or is it just one? Answer me! Answer me now God!



The song was beating inside my head as the dark clouds above swirled amidst a still darker sky. My head was spinning, as fast as thoughts alone could make your head spin. Soon, I will fall, I thought. And this madness will stop eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment