Monday, October 9, 2006

The Best of One Tree House

A whole year has passed since I first started blogging in here. It would not be an overstatement to say that my blog has been the source of a lot of gossiping, wanted and unwanted. In my whole life, never have I been so controversial and scandalously famous because of the things I've put in this blog. There are good things and bad things in that, the latter sometimes making me really think about deleting this blog. But as long as I get some feedback about my entries. As long as people learn from my experiences even if I end up being looked down upon, I don't care. I will just continue writing stuff in here because in this way, I am able to inspire and touch more lives.



This blog is called "One Tree House" from the psychology test of the same name. In there, you are asked to draw a person, a tree, and a house and from your drawings, insights into your life can be drawn. I have the same purpose in blogging. Through my writing, through the comments I receive from friends and strangers alike, I am able to know myself a little better.



This is my 126th entry, and I have received 128 comments (not including those who emailed their comments or those who sent Friendster messages instead), four of which were mine. Looking back, I can see how I am continually growing as a person. From each painful entry, I learn something new. I can see how I have changed from the boring nerd who doesn't have a life to who I am today (which, I tell you, is a long way from who I used to be).



This entry is especially dedicated to my friends who have posted comments on my blog. I believe that those who took the time to read my entries, those who took the time to respond when I'm at one of my lowest are really my bestest of friends. Thank you for taking the time to listen and respond.



Celebrate with me as we look back upon the best entries of One Tree House.



2005
October: "I Will Never Forget the Eleventh"
This is about my outing with my Chem16 class last year. About the joys and pains of becoming a teacher too attached to his students. There is a hidden meaning in this.



November: "Escape"
Hmm... This is about demigod. I included this because... it makes its readers feel bad. LE almost cried about this one.



December: "Almost Crazy Fantastically"
I don't like this one very much. This is about demigod again. This is me at one of my craziest moments.



2006
January: "Wasting Sperm Cells"
This is great. One of my favorite entries. A bit on the green but wholesome nonetheless. Enjoy this one!



February: "Like an Ogier to a Stedding"
For those who are thrilled by love. Perhaps one of my most romantic entries ever. This is about Chiyo and me. Perfect for the Valentine's season. Hehe check out the single comment on this one.



March: "X and Y"
This is the spark of everything. My "coming out" entry. The hardest entry for me to write. It's not actually a really good read, but it's a very memorable one.



April: "One Summer Night"
Haha. Another one of those entries on the greener side. The ending is... surprising. A nice read especially when you're feeling hot.



May: "The Count's Tale I: The Last Flower"
The first chapter of my first attempt at a fiction series. The whole tale is made up of 8 entries I wrote from May to June. If you're into fantasy, check this one out.



June: "Venus"
Astig 'to. Another romantic entry, which isn't really romantic. When I was writing this one, I was like floating in space, entranced.



July: "David"
I think my readers like this best. Even Cookie cried for this one. This is about my crazy brother. I strongly recommend reading this entry. Probably the best I've ever written here. I was almost crying while I was writing this one.



August: "Ikot"
This is about demigod again. I like this because the feelings I've put in here are intense.



September: "Noon"
Moved my readers. This is also one of my personal favorites. A family-centered entry about my sexuality. Nakakaiyak din 'to... Huhuhu.



There. Those were my favorite entries per month. If you're still into that reading high. Check these other entries:



"The Bus"
A simple story, but sometimes, those simple stories are the ones which get through to us the most.



"Sa Motel"
A sexual trip turned into a comedy. Got a lot of comments from this one.



"To Be A Father"
Another story about my probable future. About what people like me miss out in life.



"Sige"
About moving on from our past relationships told simply and bluntly.



These are, in my opinion, the best entries of One Tree House. I'm looking forward to another year of blogging. My only worry is: How many blog entries can Friendster blogs accommodate?



Kudos to Joanna Uy's blog, "Everyday is Springtime", which has just been closed. It's sad to think that we will not be getting any entries from you from now on.



Last, I would like to congratulate myself for surviving this long. I welcome with open arms this coming year of blogging. I welcome both the coming happiness and sadness this year has to offer. I welcome them all because I know that they will only make me stronger in the end. I will continue to live up to what my name stands for, and prove those who are looking at me differently wrong.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm...
    Thanks for being my teacher, my friend, and of course... thank you for showing me a most interesting and radical way of blogging.

    ReplyDelete