Sunday, June 17, 2007

Sa Motel 2: With Love

The guy was sitting beside me on the bus. He was nervously silent. He was quite untalkative since we left the mall where we met.



"Have you ever been to a motel before?" I asked.



"No."



I laughed. I was a bit surprised, but I didn't want to push the discussion on that topic. Some things were still raw.



"It's easy. You just go to the counter and they'll know what to do," I told him. "Then you'll pay. That fast. Why don't you do it? You go to the counter..."



"No way."



I laughed again. His childish decisiveness was quite amusing. I remembered the first time I did this. The person I was with assured me that he'll take care of everything. But in the end, I ended up taking the lead instead. I've changed so much since then. Now, there was no question that I'm in charge when it comes to these things.



"Are you nervous?" I asked, trying to calm him a bit.



"Yes. Very."



"It's okay. Don't worry. A lot of people are doing it. What are the chances that the staff will recognize you? What are the chances that you'll see other people you know?"



He nodded but I can say that he was still on edge. In fact, I was a bit nervous myself.



"They've been doing this for a long time," I added for his benefit. "It's their job. They'll even be expecting us. Why get nervous? We're not different..." On second thought, we are different, but it won't be the first time they've served people like us.



The bus stopped and we got off.



"What I don't like about this place is that it's so public! The main entrance is right here on the highway! It's like Hello Edsa, here we are!" I told him while climbing an overpass. "But we don't really have a choice so..."



I was discreetly observing the building while walking. Trying to learn where the secret entrances are. To my surprise, a couple just went out of the main doors, and a guy went inside immediately after. There was a lot of human traffic in there. The good point in that - we won't stand out, the bad thing - more people to see us, more chances of getting caught.



"I'll enter first, and you go right after," I told him as we neared the building.



I walked towards the glass doors and pushed them open, unfazed by the numerous heads turning towards me. I kept it cool. I told myself that I'm here to have fun. To have sex. And so are you, so why look at me that way? I even smiled while I was walking towards the counter. The guy I was with walked like a shadow and disappeared in the rear waiting area.



Horror of horrors I realized that there were a lot of people in the lobby. At this time?! Filipinos are crazy on sex. The staff on the counter was busy with other customers, so I stood there and waited in the middle of the lobby where everybody can see me. I didn't care. I acted like I've been doing this for a long time. I acted bored and nonplussed.



"For check-in, sir?" the staff finally asked in a lowered voice when it was my turn.



"Yes," I told her smiling, looking her straight in the eye.



"Unfortunately, our rooms are full at the moment. Will it be okay if I give you this number instead and wait for your number to be called?"



"Well... okay," I told her and took the number. As if we had a choice. We really needed a room. I walked to the waiting area and caught a glimpse of the other couples waiting in the imperfectly covered chairs. All normal couples. No one like us.



I took a different seat, in partial view of where the guy was sitting, and through hand signals, informed him that the place was full and that we have to wait. He seemed to have recovered from his nervousness, and was already playing a game in his fone. He did cast furtive glances on the people passing by though. The couples, upon seeing us, paid no special attention. Just a normal homo couple.



I also took a peep on the other people waiting with us, especially on the younger-looking guys and their girlfriends. There's no doubt what they'll be using the rooms for. There were couples with big travelling bags and other stuff, like they were really going somewhere and were just using the rooms to sleep and rest. I wasn't fooled. Those bags were empty. They were props.



Two by two, the lobby was being emptied of couples as the waiting numbers were called, but more were coming in. At least, the total number of customers will be an even number. I hoped.



"Number 28," a man called. I stood and went back to the counter, told the staff how many hours, etc, etc, paid, took the room keys, and went to the elevator. Thankfully, the guy followed right behind me. I dreaded calling his attention to follow me, and in doing so, calling all the other people's attention on me and him. I've had enough unwanted attention already.



The elevator coming down empty was the biggest relief of the day. We relaxed, took deep breaths, and I assured the guy that soon...



The elevator door opened to admit a hotel staff. A guy.



Unexpectedly, he bowed his head, murmured courtesies, and kept himself in a corner where he couldn't see us. He kept his head bowed til he got off the elevator.



Finally, we reached our floor. It was funny how we sneaked through the corridors, making sure there was nobody to see us. Signs clearly pointed where our room was, and it was a breeze finding it. Then, we reached our door, I pulled the key from my pocket, unlocked it, and we quickly slipped inside. Only 10 seconds passed before the door was again, locked.



***



THE END



Ha! Are you expecting more?



Okay...



A couple of hours later...



SECRET!



Hahaha! All was full of love. That's all I can say about what happened later. Everything's good when done with love.



:)

1 comment: