Thursday, June 28, 2007

Not Today

You appeared out of nowhere. You saw me, and I saw you. But I won't let you ruin my day. Not today.



I love my baby. And he loves me. You don't love me. You pushed me away. And I won't let you anger me by making me remember. Not today.



We still could have been friends. If I never told you that I liked you. If you never panicked and messed us up. But I won't let you worry me with regrets. Nope, my boy. Not today.



You've let go of what I revere - our friendship. You didn't care about me or our memories. But I won't let you bring me down with shame and sadness. Not today.



You still look well. I remember showing your pic to my mom. And she disagreed about "us" because you were better looking than me. You're good-looking, true, but I don't envy you because something inside you is rotten. I won't let you strip my confidence. Not today.



I won't let you get into me. Not today.



I won't think and dwell about you. Nope. Not today.



Because today, I'm loving myself more.



Today, I want to think of happy things. I won't focus on the things which are wrong - which, in summary, is YOU.



Today is my day.



Today, I saw you and you saw me. But I won't let you ruin my day. Today is our 8th monthsary.



I saw you, and you saw me. But I won't let you ruin my day. Not today.



Today is my day.



Some other time, it could have been yours, but today is today. Your time has passed.



Today is our day.



No comments:

Post a Comment