Thursday, May 12, 2011

One Thing Wrong

Lights are low
All the bodies on the go
My mind is in a haze
And numbers are exchanged
You made me smile
It lasted for a while
Yes we danced all night long
But there's one thing wrong

Smokes and coffee
And I've got good company
The topic's got you going
You really got me talking
I had to concede
You're a very good read
Oh you sure are bright
But something's not right

You took away my breath
That first time we met
Held your body against mine
And it was oh so sublime
You made me feel warm
It was more than just your charm
Oh it was bodily bliss
Yet something was amiss

The music was loud
But I was searching the crowd
It was a sunshiny day
But I was looking far away
All the stars were out
But my heart was filled with doubt
There may be guys on the line
But I don't want to call them mine

That one thing wrong
Was them playing our song
What wasn't right
Was your missing insight
That one thing amiss
Was our very first kiss
What use is dating many
When none of them's my baby




No comments:

Post a Comment