Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Three Girls and a Love Letter

January 14, 2011


Three girls sitting on chairs near the stairs
They were teasing me, taunting me
The girl I like well, some guy was courting her
And this guy came all the way from the province
Just to see her and I felt mad and stupid
Throwing things in the tambayan
And these three girls, they saw and asked
What the hell was wrong with me?
And they teased me, oh how they did!
So I told them about the love letter
Which I was supposed to give her on her birthday
I took it out from my back pocket
And their eyes shone like the moon
And immediately they wanted to read it
But of course I didn't want them to
Since it contained my secrets, my heart
So they teased me more, oh how they went on!
Saying that they will support him over me
Saying they will give him their votes
They put me in this conundrum
And I was at a loss what to do
So I struck them a deal and I told them
That they can read the letter as long as
They relieve me of the shame I had to endure
As I hand my love letter to my love
Quickly, they agreed to deliver it
And all three smiled as I reluctantly handed that
Piece of Harry Potter paper over
They put their heads together and I
Had to look away because I was embarrassed
I was fidgeting, dreading to hear laughter
But what happened then, I didn't understand
Because when I turned to face them again
Those three girls sitting on chairs near the stairs
Had their hankies out and were wiping their eyes



No comments:

Post a Comment