Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow

January 27, 2011


Oh baby I miss you you know
I tried to write something in prose
But I couldn't
It was too tough
To organize my thoughts like that
Better this way
Fragmented

Why didn't you want to meet me baby
Why didn't you want to see me?
Aren't you curious how I've been faring
All these years without you?
It's rather unfair you know
I'm dying here for news about you
And you lie there
Maybe in the arms of somebody else

Why did you have to leave me baby?
I was willing to give it all
I was clearheaded
Through and through
As you stumbled in your own arguments
You wanted to leave me
Whatever I said didn't count
You wanted out
And you said you loved me more
I thought so too

But baby why?
I'm barely keeping it inside you know
I wanted to write about something else
Some sexual escapade perhaps
Some supposed new love or another
And everyone will gobble that up
Just so I can hide what's really in here
In my heart
But you kept cropping up
In my thoughts
And I just have to let them out

I still remember it all baby
I can't let them go
All those times together
Those moments
Our pictures are still in my laptop
I haven't thrown anything out you know
And even if I did
They will always be in my heart
Always

I just wanted to see you one last time you know
Even if what you'll say will hurt me like hell
I just wanted to see you
But you didn't want to see me
And I thought
Had I been that bad to you baby?
To be treated like this?

I suppose you didn't mean that at all, right?
That I was the one you wanted to grow old with
That even if you're breaking up with me
I will still be that man
Always be that man
I was a fool to fall for that
All this time baby
I held on to that
Even when I was with someone else
It was always at the back of my head
Unseen maybe
But always there
Yet you didn't want to see me
When I was finally ready

If you're with somebody else right now baby
I hope he treats you well
I hope he gives you what you deserve
I hope you like him physically

No matter how I try baby
I can't make myself mad at you
It would've been much easier
Getting over you that way
And I can't make myself find someone else
Because I never seem to be ready
To endure things like these again
And I'm just glad
That I have finally learned to be content
All by myself

I think
You would've been proud of what I've become baby
You wouldn't believe the things I've done
If only you gave me that chance
To be able to tell these things to you personally

But you know, baby
All these words
Yeah
They're pretty useless
Because they'll never reach you anyway
They never will
Now

It was my fault baby
That I was never able to tell you how much
You really meant to me
Well, it almost always turns out to be that way
But I will make you proud of me baby
Because I'm never going to treat my next boyfriend
(Although I'm not seeing that in the near future)
In the same way I hurt you
I'm going to be a better boyfriend
I'm going to make you proud baby
Until the end

I'm listening to this song now baby
It's called "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?"
And if I cry
I hope you understand why







No comments:

Post a Comment