Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Leave A Light On, Baby

Yes baby, I'm still missing you. It's been more than a year, I know, and I've lost count of how many guys I've met since we broke up. But now that I've stopped looking for someone new, I found out that it is still you, here in my heart.

And yes baby, there are probably a hundred reasons why I shouldn't be here again. I often convince myself about those reasons everyday, just so I can stop myself from rushing to your workplace to see you. I keep seeing you in my dreams though, so you can't really say that it has been more than a year since my eyes last feasted themselves on you.

I don't know why, baby. It's just that everytime I'm with somebody else, I keep thinking that they're not you. Everytime I'm in a bar surrounded by prospects, I lose interest because I won't see you there. Everytime I'm mussing the bedsheets with someone, it's no fun since they're not you. And you know it has always been you I really enjoy doing that with.

Oh baby I keep imagining how I'll wait for you outside your building after office hours. How you'll walk out the door, formal clothes and leather bag and all. How you'll turn your head and you'll see me and you will be utterly confused whether it was really me you are seeing.

And then you will notice that my fashion sense which you use to laugh at is now a little better. And that my confidence has gone up with just a year that you were gone because no one has been bringing me down like you used to. And that you will be hard-pressed not to admit to yourself that I look better than last you saw me, that night you left. And then you will see that I'm not using the bag you gave me. Nor the earrings. And then maybe you'll catch a glimpse of the tattoo on my left leg and maybe that will remind you of the numerous things I am capable of.

And you will never admit these things. Not once will you accept that you have ever been in the wrong. It was always me, you said.

And yet you are my baby still. My baby is like that, stubborn and blind. My baby brings me down when I need to be lifted. My baby is righteous. My baby think he is always always right yet you are my baby still. No one... No one will be you, baby. And no matter how I recall the bad times, in the night, it is still you... here.

You're my baby, and that is that. Even if you'd really rather not kiss me. Even if you do not want to make love to me and prefer to sleep. Even if I feel that you cheated on me several times. You're still my baby and my heart may bleed for it!

Leave a light on for me, baby. And I'll go to you and see if there's anything left of us since I know that you will never ever take the initiative. And when I see you, and I feel that there's nothing more left for us to salvage then I'll put that light off myself.

If only I didn't believe you when you said that through all the bad, I am still the one you want to spend the rest of your life with.


No comments:

Post a Comment