Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Players

October 8, 2010


I wasn't looking for love when this guy came along. He wasn't particularly striking but I thought he had a good heart. So I talked to him and tried to be friends with him.

He was great. He was unlike the others I've met. And we got to know each other a bit more. Then he said: "sana ikaw na lang."

I was cool about it. I was realistic. I tried to act as maturely as I can using all the knowledge I had about relationships. And I told him we shouldn't hurry. If there's to be something more between us then that's great. If not, then not.

He asked for my details and I gave it to him, thinking that finally this time, I've got it right. I told him that I trusted him.

But then he disappeared. Without explaining why. He just stopped talking to me.

***

If there was any fairness to this world, these things shouldn't happen to someone like me. I was very considerate about him. I was serious. But it led me here.

Sometimes I wish I can be a player. Players, they have fun. Guys like me, we are always the victims. If only I were mean, I'd get by better in this world of yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment