Wednesday, April 13, 2011

To Have Faith Is To Be Blind?

February 2, 2010

Sometimes I wonder how the self-proclaimed and active religious people here can have such strong belief in God when they haven't learned how to lose it in the first place.

Well, this is only my opinion, but if there is a God, isn't it better to discover Him on your own? In this country, we have been brought up with such things but when we reach a certain age, one may begin to question and judge for themselves if such things are true. I believe that one can only have the most solid faith ever if, let's say, you've been an atheist and then learned that you were wrong. That way, you have experience and can compare the two.

That's also why I really do not believe in a priest's advice - how can they teach us something if they themselves haven't experienced the dilemma first hand? I'm not saying all priests are like that though, but won't they be more credible if they really know how it feels to be in that situation?

And don't get me started on the church's anti-homosexuality campaign again!

I suppose this comes with my dislike for being forced to attend church-related activities. I mean, if I am really interested, I will approach them. They do not need to bug me about it. They do not need to give these life talks only to lure and persuade me in the end to join their cause. I am a thinking man, you know. This shouldn't be a chore.

I used to be a spiritual man. I used to talk to Him every night and there were situations in my life which I wouldn't have survived if I didn't believe in Him. But then the Bible condemned people like me. And then I grew older, maybe a little wiser, a little more critical and scientific, and now I find myself writing this entry...

***

Lately, I've been visiting the hospital almost every week because of my dentist. It wasn't a big hospital, but they allotted a tiny space where people can pray. A table with a crucifix, some candles and pews. And then I realized that there are times when you really need to pray, otherwise you'd go crazy.

Unless you make yourself stronger and start believing in a Godless life even before you reach that situation.

***

This might be unholy for some but there IS an analogy between homosexuality and religion. Once you go gay, you'll want to stay. Once you lose your faith, you'll tend to stay that way too.

Makes me think.

No comments:

Post a Comment