Wednesday, April 13, 2011

12 Hours Before the Date

February 6, 2010

I never realized before how February can be such a depressing month for single people like me. My friends and I just went to Trinoma this afternoon and the mall was already packed with lovers clinging to each other. Hearts, roses, and cupids hover at every store and Valentine's gifts were at every shop corner. It was an irritating scene and I can't help but reminisce how I celebrated Heart's Day with my ex-lovers. I suppose I've always taken it for granted that I've always had someone for Valentine's for the past four years. I've gotten used to it.

Just when I accepted to myself that I will be celebrating this V Day with my friends, fate intervenes and chucks someone my way.

I crossed paths with Chad probably just over a week ago. We only met online, in that site where I met my ex-boyfriends, but I found myself thinking of him at the oddest of times. We weren't even communicating that much then. I just had this instinct that there is something about him which complements me. It made me giddy when, after exchanging a few messages online, he finally trusted me to ask me to text him, even if his number was already posted in his profile.

Maybe it's his being not into SEB's or his earthiness that tugged something in my heart. I found myself engrossed in everything that he said, even mundane things like when he's cleaning the house or when he fell asleep at work. I love it how he doesn't need to type full words and sentences and how he uses Filipino in his text messages. I love it when he said "Ei Bry..." when I haven't even told him of my nickname. He is like this skinny accessory-ridden and boyish kanto guy I've always had  fantasies of.

I knew I was going too fast with him, and I told him so, but instead of shrugging it off or even agreeing, he said that he likes it better that way. He appreciated my openness. And the best part is he wanted to give us a shot too. I have confirmed and he really does like me enough for that. It was unbelievable! In that site, I am used to being ignored once I sent them a clearer pic. Chad didn't even ask for mine.

Most people wouldn't call him hot or good-looking (he is just okay) but that doesn't matter because he is my type. I like him. I like his attitude. His character. How he looks. And he is willing to give us a try!

I am going to meet him in 12 hours and I am very nervous I wish I can get some sleep!

But despite my hopes I am also preparing myself for the worst. It is barely a month since I broke up with Dan and it is stretching credulity that I will hit home again this quickly. It is too late for me to control my feelings though. So I will have to deal with the painful aftermath if things do not work well between us.

HMOG! I am getting the jitters. This might just be THE moment of my lifetime.

Nissa was right. There are too many guys out there just waiting for me. It takes a bit of hard work and patience, true, but it will ultimately pay off in the end.

Or maybe I am just too lucky?

No comments:

Post a Comment