Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Veena Fredishay

October 22, 2010


I made Sims of both you and me, and I made your Sim look as close to the real you as possible. I made yours wear a red shirt, and big eyeglasses and I had fun choosing which underwear and swimwear and formal wear you will prefer. I got to adjust your personality. A little fun, and a lot of neat. A little outgoing, a little active.

And we bought our very first house together. We chose what colors the walls will be. We bought our very first pieces of furniture, and the paintings and decorations we will place in the rooms of our home. We bought two beds because we couldn't sleep in the same bed you know. At least, in the beginning.

And do you remember how we spent our evenings reading books and training our pet parrot, "808"? How we sat beside each other, just chatting. How we bought our first jukebox machine and danced together. How we had our meals together. How we played chess and talked about anything under the sun. How I was flirting with you, and you with me, and pretty soon we had a crush on each other.

Do you remember the first time we held a party? We invited all our friends and had a fun time together. I cooked the food while you entertained them with jokes, dirty and naive. I played this instrument and you cheered me on as our guests danced to the beat. And as we hugged and called it a night, heart symbols floated over our heads and our bodies glowed with happiness and contentment.

I was the happiest guy in the world when you first let me caress your face. You sent me to the high heavens when you finally let me hold your hand. And do you remember that first time we kissed? It was all so innocent and sweet! And from then on I couldn't help but notice how hot you were, everytime we were in the same room.



Days after, we were making out on the couch, and we finally decided on buying our first bed. I was relaxing on it, and I asked you to join me. And then we were kissing passionately, and soon after we made love for the very first time. And my dreams that night were all about you. And me.

And do you remember how hugging each other will be the first thing we'll do in the morning? How we'll purr each other's names and express our love for each other in Simlish. And can you forget how we giggled everytime I was dandling you on my lap?

And do you remember our very first argument? How I caught you flirting with this guy who came uninvited to our house. How I slapped your face silly and how we both cried after. Do you remember how you poked me and how I shoved you back? I still remember crying at unexpected moments, stumbling, bumping at things.

And I remember vividly how I banished you out of our home. And you left without a word. Just leaving me like that. It was raining, I remember. I was so heartbroken, and I kept thinking of you at the oddest moments. I tried calling you late at night, and you thanked me for disturbing your sleep and hung up.

I missed how you'd clean up after my mess. How you'd check me out when my back was turned. Dinner became lonely times for me, and I had no one to talk to but "808". Your side of the bed was always unmade ever since, and no matter what I do, fixing it back never became an option. This other Sim who had a crush on me kept calling, but I wasn't in the mood to invite him over. And so he eventually gave up on me.

I clicked on my memories and saw your face still in there.

So I sat on the carpeted floor of our living room and wrote on my journal. And after, I went out to our front porch and gazed at the stars.

"Was our love just a game?" my Sim thought.






Anna Nalick
"In My Head"

Under the weight of your wings
You are a god and whatever I want you to be
And I wonder if truly you are
Nearly as beautiful as I believe

In my head
Your voice
You've got all that I need
And this make believe will get me through
Another lonely night

Under the weight of your wings
Should ever we meet on your side of your stereo
I will pretend I know not of your thoughts
And even the way that they mirror my own
I'll take you away in the way that you take me and go where I go

In my head
Your voice
You've got all that I need
And this make believe will get me through
Another lonely night

Fall away to the sound of my heart to your beat
Melancholy and cool, kind of bitter sweet
Love on repeat
I'm echoing all your philosophies
And as I fall away to the sound of my heart to your beat
Melancholy and cool, kind of bitter sweet
Love on repeat
I'm echoing all your philosophies And as I...

Oh...

I don't
Wanna be fool-hearted
Baby, I'm outnumbered in my head
I don't I don't wanna be fool-hearted
Baby, I'm outnumbered in my head My head...

In my head
Your voice
You've got all that I need
And this make believe will get me through
Another night

Yeah, your voice
You've got all that I need
And this make believe will get me through
Another lonely night

Lonely night...

Under the weight of your wings
I make believe you are all that I'll ever need

All that I need...

No comments:

Post a Comment