Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Studying In Bed

October 18, 2010

[This article is rather Rated R. Read at your own risk.]


I finally took a break from writing that cursed proposal and lay beside him. He was already quietly asleep, and his face was softly lit by the lamp light I was working with. I looked at him, but I felt no desire. He was irritatingly handsome, but there was nothing much more than sex between us. And as I was making myself comfortable on my side of the bed, I was puzzled at how it really was possible to lie with someone and enjoy each other's warmth without a measure of affection. I closed my eyes but sleep was slow in coming...

***

I was feeling his pulse with my lips as I was making soft caresses on his neck. Eventually I traveled upwards, clamping in on his jawline, then savoring the smoothness of his cheek. My mouth was hovering on the edge of his lips when he pulled away and surprised me by locking his lips with mine

It has been months since I really kissed someone, and I was shocked that, of all things, he considered kissing me back.

***

I pulled his shirt up and I... hesitated.

"I used to be so good at this," I thought. "Now it seems like I'm out of practice."

It was an amusing thought - that there was such a thing as being out of practice when you haven't had sex for... what, a week?

"Whatever," I chided myself for being silly and went on with my job.

***

My hands were making claw marks on his back and I was quite near but I was distracted by his hands on my back.

"Why the hell was he hugging me back?" I thought. He was supposed to just lie there and let me have my way, like my ex did.

He urged me to continue though, and even breathed my name. It was so unnerving. But when I went on and he made me feel that he was enjoying it, I found out that I was slowly beginning to enjoy it, too. And what a spectacular finale it was!

***

I was planning to order some food but since the phone was on his side of the bed, I had to stretch over him in order to reach it. But before I had my hands on it, he pulled me towards him, pushed me to the bed and got on top of me.

"I need to order some food," I stammered, half-laughing.

He gave me room to reach for the phone. I was about to dial zero when he sat back on me, a mischievous light in his eyes. He placed his hand on my chest.

"Fine," I said, giving up. "Do what you want..."

He laughed and pinned my arms as he went down.

***

I finally took a break from writing that cursed proposal and lay beside him. He was already quietly asleep, and his face was softly lit by the lamp light I was working with. I looked at him, but I felt no desire. He was irritatingly handsome, but there was nothing much more than sex between us. And as I was making myself comfortable on my side of the bed, I was puzzled at how it really was possible to lie with someone and enjoy each other's warmth without a measure of affection. I closed my eyes but sleep was slow in coming...

I felt him move and I expected he'd hug me, seeing that I've finally stopped working on my laptop, but he didn't. And I hated myself for hoping.

I thought of how he kissed me earlier, but I knew that given a chance, he'd also kiss any other guy he's in bed with. He'd also hug them back. He'd also breathe their names... Turns out I wasn't really special after all. I pulled the blanket closer to me and away from him.

And what a spectacular finale it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment