Sunday, November 4, 2012

Shady Place

Once I met a Little Boy and he was mean and he was tired and he was grumpy
He looked like a hipster with his bonnet on so I took him home to keep him warm and cuddly

I led his hand to Shady Place, a house built of blood, salt, and candy
With my dog Snow and with my left toe, we had games and had fun and were happy

Days passed and oh ever so slowly, he admitted that he was beginning to like me
And so I jumped to say "Calooh! Callay!" joyful days are coming aplenty

But there was a darkness to this Little Boy, a history he still hasn't told me
And as the days unfolded, my proteins misfolded, as he told me that he wasn't ready

Yet I smiled and I said, no worries my berries, I will not turn you into a zombie
Still the days seemed darker, the nights still grew colder, and my heart began to feel real scary

"Oh Little Boy" I told him, "I once was like you yet I chose to stay gay and be merry"
But he was a black hole, that was his starring role, and he stayed good friends with old Worry

So I went up to this room, to a very secret room, a place I was trying to get ready
On the head of the bed, was his name painted red, too bad my plan would not be carried

And so I talked to the Sun to the Stars to the Moon, I asked why I must fail I'm so weary
But they told me to stay, to watch and to play, and that the key is never to hurry

So I went to the Little Boy, playing with his little toy, and told him he can stay till February
Lovers we may not be so friends instead we'll be, and Shady Place will always be his sanctuary.

And he smiled and he hugged me and we were all so happy and with Snow we had a pajama party
But then in the morning, a morning for mourning, he left me a note saying "I'm sorry"



No comments:

Post a Comment