Saturday, January 12, 2013

Electrique Electrifies With Its 29th Album, "Electric Dreams"

My dearest friends,

Here I am again, being manipulated by my artsy self to scratch on your doors for the umpteenth time to offer some fresh hip music I've compiled. And this time, I am dedicating the whole album to you!

Yes, finally, I've come to my senses long enough to finally recognize my friends who have been with me since the beginning. I'm aware that I've been finding myself down in the dumps more and more often recently, and when I'm at my worst, I gain enough lucidity to acknowledge that it is my friends who tirelessly push me up until I can be trusted to stand on my own again. So thanks to you, I am still alive. Thanks to you, I'm already at my 29th album!

I've always wanted to make a dreamy-sounding album. You know that feeling of wonder you get when you're watching something fascinating? Like a heart-tugging scene in a movie or when you're watching a fireworks display? Yes, I've always wanted to encapsulate that feeling into an album. And with my limited skills, this is the closest I can come to capturing that.

This is an upbeat electropop album, although not danceable. If you've listened to my hardcore cold synth album "Drifter", then you can consider this album to be its sunshinier cousin. Not that they sound very similar since I avoid repeating my themes and sounds but that's the closest comparison I can make.

I like this album. A lot. At its shallowest, this album makes me smile. At its deepest, this album makes images flash in my mind. Images of happy moments, wondrous moments. Moments which make me run in the mouth and say "OMFG is this really happening this f**king sounds so good I think I'm gonna cry." These songs make me feel like I'm floating. And not in a lost, "Head in the Clouds" way, mind.

Speaking of my previous album, "Electric Dreams" is, in a way, an odd sequel to the theme I've been building. "Head in the Clouds," through its ruminations and escapism, ends with an acceptance, and "Electric Dreams" extends that fulfillment to others - the people around me. Unlike that previous album though, this doesn't focus very much on me, but on us. Me and you. Together. More of you actually.

It doesn't take too long into the album to grasp what it really is about, and the reason for its title will reveal to be self-explanatory. Now I know that friendship may sound like a very cliched theme for an album, and many might be turned off by it. But I've been careful with the songs I picked here and I've engineered the sequence so that each song will be at its most effective. There is a plot to the songs in here (hard to believe, but there is an emotional progression) and the lyrics, though mild as milk, are clever and imaginative.

This album is safe. It is easily likeable. It has been a very long time since I've compiled a completely feel-good album (the last was 2010's "808") and you can see here how much I've improved since then. I've proved here that I can be fun without being cheap. I can be happy without being shallow.

Now I hope, with all these introductions, I've primed you enough to want to listen to it, right? So let's smile and celebrate for this is about us! A thank you gift for everything that you've done for me. Just click the link below:

ELECTRIC DREAMS



Until the next album (which might come really soon)!


P.S.
A DELUXE version of this album will be released this March. For my students who will be graduating soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment