Sunday, November 26, 2006

The End of One Tree House

There's something quite different about Sundays. There's something special about the brightness of the sun, and the sky. Things look a bit brighter than they normally are on Sundays. A lot of people go outside, walking around in their church clothes. It's the day when families go to visit their relatives. There's an easily identifiable but muted festive feeling in the air such that if I had no way of telling what day of the week it was, I will still be able to tell whether it was Sunday just by going out and looking at my surroundings.



Saturdays are different than Sundays. Saturdays are more informal, more unexpected. Almost like an ordinary weekday but with a lot of people out having fun. There's nothing different about the sun, or the sky though. Just a lot of people out, that's all.



Of the weekdays, Mondays are the worst. When Monday morning comes, people are irritable and they already feel stressed, imagining the long road ahead til the next weekend. They're probably asking themselves where their free days have gone to.



Tuesdays are like Thursdays. Bland and innocent. While Wednesdays mark the middle of the week. The half-way mark. Half-done, half-undone. Well, of course for UP students, Wednesdays are refreshers. A much needed break during the week-long toil of study.



Fridays are the best, and Friday nights the bestest. There's something different about Fridays too. It's an ordinary weekday, but it's the last, so you can go out and have some fun after work or school. And then suddenly, it hit me. Why am I talking about such frivolous things? Why am I writing like a high school student doing my assignment?



That's just a front. I'm becoming too popular these days. I thought perhaps if I began by talking about a shallow topic such as "Sundays" then the gossipmongers wouldn't be interested to read further.



One Tree House is coming to an end - that phase of the blog, but not the blog itself. The overly-emotional, suicidal, melancholic Bryan is dead, at least for the time being. I won't be letting out any shitty stuff for now. I'm thinking of a new title for my blog. Something which would fit the mode I am in now.



I've lost my writing skills. I need an inspiration for me to write, usually some... I dunno. Bad feeling? See, I'm not making sense anymore. With the loss of those negative energies, so did the will to let things out through this blog.



You know what actually stops me from writing too much? It's my students. Yeah... As of now, already 4 of my current students have invited me to be their friend and I can't do anything but accept their invitations. I wanted this sem to be different. A quiet sem, where I would return to  be the nobody that I used to be. It's the sem to avoid scandal and gossip. I'm content with what I have now, I don't need more attention. I've had enough...



Anyway, back to closing "One Tree House", I don't think I can easily let go of this blog completely. You may snigger, but, this blog has really been a big part of my life. It has become my routine whenever I log in to check my blog for comments or to look for messages about this blog. My friendster account is made livelier, and my presence in friendster is more noticed all thanks to the popularity of my blog. Whenever I'm not online and a bloggable idea suddenly comes to my head, I take a mental note of it so that I can write about it the soonest time I can lay my hands on a keyboard.



I'm going to continue writing, but One Tree House has come to an end. No more drama. At least, for the present.

1 comment:

  1. yaye!!!

    feeling ko...


    fan mo na ako ako bo...

    hirap sundan ng blogs mo pagnakamiss ka ng kahit 2...


    can't wait for the next phase of this blog...

    publish this blog dude...

    ReplyDelete