Monday, July 23, 2012

Electrique Climbs The Heights With Its 28th Album, "Head in the Clouds"

MANILA, Philippines - In a recent publicity stint held at Eurotel in Cubao, Mr. Aldasiel, the mind behind the mixtape-mafia Electrique Music, revealed some juicy details into its latest project, "Head in the Clouds".

"I'm really onto something with this album," Mr. Aldasiel announced to the crowd which was composed mainly of imaginary fans and cool but deep people. "With this one, I am able to tap onto something in me which my previous albums had only hinted at. It's the stuff which keeps me going, and at the same time, it's the stuff which wants me to quit."

Electrique Music has recently achieved a level of success it never had before, as it went international with its previous release, "Revelations", which gained some measure of popularity overseas with a foreign audience. In addition, its two post-UP albums, "Icarus" and "Drifter" had also enjoyed semi-universal acclaim. Critics had been saying that this recent era is the golden age of Electrique, with its recent albums becoming more and more poetic and mature.

Since its discovery of indie music, Electrique seemed to have shed its old penchant for pop music. Gone are the days of Britney Spears and Avril Lavigne, and from the direction Electrique seemed to be heading, it appears like they will never come back, unless it is in a greatest hits compilation. The downside of this though is that Electrique lost its younger fans, in favor of a more mature audience.

"I was astounded at the way some of my listeners responded to "Icarus", hailing it as the best I've ever made. And that is why in some ways, I consider that album as my first real album," Mr. Aldasiel shared with the press. "My follow-up to that, "Drifter", wasn't as popular because it was less mainstream-sounding, but they appreciated it all the same. I am very happy with the current success my teenage dream is having. And I've only just begun!"

Electrique Music had been experiencing a lot of pressure in following up the buzz which surrounded its arguably most popular work, "Revelations". "I gave that album my very best music at the time, and it worked! I've recaptured the audience which was becoming more and more alienated with the new direction I was taking. But more than that, I am glad my listeners are finally able to see what keeps me doing this for the past seven years."

After the success of "Revelations", Mr. Aldasiel took a hiatus, and did not produce its customary summer album for this year. This was the first time since its founding that such a lapse had happened. "I wasn't inspired enough to make anything," was his only answer when his die hard fans bugged him about it.

Now, it seems that Electrique has rediscovered its muse and has turned on the green light for its latest piece of art, the aforementioned, "Head in the Clouds" whose cover was released to the public only a few days ago. But what is the reason behind its title?

"I've been playing with a lot of working titles in my head, and then I remembered a blog entry of the same name which I wrote last year. It was about my unexplainable desire to be at higher places, whether it is in a physical, mental, or emotional sense. And then it hit me that essentially, that was what this album was about. To distill that desire into sound, that is my objective for this one."

So will the listeners feel as if they are flying while they are playing this album?

"In a way," Mr. Aldasiel answered. "It takes me away sometimes, when I listen to the songs in this one. It feels as if my immediate surroundings fade and I'm brought to that state depicted in the cover."

But what about the music? What should we expect from this album?

"It's still indie, and in some ways it is almost like "Icarus", only much more subdued and much more beautiful. It is acoustic-sounding, with most of the songs playing without any form of percussion. I suppose "beautiful" is the best adjective for this one. This is beautiful music, and my listeners may be divided whether they love it or not, but that is one thing I am sure they will not be able to deny."

It has been rumoured a month ago that Electrique Music was supposed to release a happier album this time, but apparently that plan had been scrapped.

"To be truthful, I hadn't been feeling ecstatic lately. Maybe some days, but mostly, my mood is unstable. I swing from being ecstatic to being suicidal in a matter of weeks. And I suppose my default somber mode won over. My recent suicidal bout had been one of my strongest yet, and I suppose that kinda pushed me to do this one while I am still in that moment."

Electrique Music had been notorious for always claiming that its latest album was its best. Can it also be said for this one?

"Of course, I cannot speak for everyone," he responded. "But for me, I suppose this is the closest I've come to sharing with my listeners my innermost thoughts and feelings. "Icarus" may have had the drama, especially with the trials I was facing at the time, and "Revelations" may have had the hits when it came to catchiness, but "Head in the Clouds" has my spirit in it. It has my fingerprints all over it, from the first song to the last and even if these songs I am sharing are not my own, it cannot be denied that it is me with the hands on the tiller."

"Head in the Clouds" is currently slated for a late August release.




No comments:

Post a Comment