Monday, August 28, 2006

Oblation Run

Butts.



I saw some guys' butts this afternoon in Pav 2. There was this re-Oblation Run because of Secretary "Something's" comment about UP in PDI's yesterday issue. How reckless and thoughtless of him. My opinion on the matter? You need to be part of UP to fully understand what UP really stands for. And it is our job to understand those who are not ummm... enlightened. Don't worry, I'm not mad. We understand (but that doesn't mean we won't do anything about it!) I should react about this, I'm a UP Instructor!



Back to the story ---> I saw some butts this afternoon. I wasn't supposed to, because my class is on the second floor, but it turned out that I had to go back down to the first floor to fill some of my students' test tubes with their unknown ion solution. And voila! I saw guys' butts parading down the corridor.



It was a nice watch really. I mean, you don't get to see a lot of guys' butts everyday right? But the thing was, I felt something I shouldn'tve have felt at that time. And that is? (I know what you're thinking, you pervert... =) ) Fear!



It seemed like the whole pav went quiet as they passed. The students in lab gowns didn't bother coming out of the labs to watch them (or they were probably too conscious about what others might say if they were seen looking at dicks.) Time seemed to have slowed down (I know, it's too cheesy, but that's how it was!) The runners were shouting, and if I heard them correctly, they were shouting something I cannot write in here. Media people, carrying their paraphernalia, were running after them.



The important thing was, they were angry. You can feel it in the air as they passed. And who wouldn't? Oblation Run has been an honored tradition for them (and for UP) and they cannot bear someone to simply insult them without retaliating.



Sec. Gonzalez (I just heard his name from the news) failed to see the point behind the whole thing. It's really embarrassing for him to have said that. I mean, he's already working in the government, and he still interprets issues from their face value? All he saw was naked men running. That's all. Either he's gay, or he's just bitter he wasn't able to pass the UPCAT.



No seriously, I cannot help but react. I am a UP man through and through. He should apologize. That is what I think. And if he does not, that just shows how deluded our lawmakers are.



But what if he was simply trying to provoke UP as part of a larger destabilization plot? Perhaps somebody more powerful up there wanted to dethrone GMA and whoever that was thought that incurring the wrath of UP could be one way to achieve it. Who knows?



Oblation See even in this after-issue, the Oblation Run has done its job. True, I saw some butts, but it also started me talking and thinking about the government and how mentally inept some of our politicians are. I'm not qualified to talk about the meaning of the Oblation Run in depth (gotta be cautious), but for me, it's like a beacon, pointing us to issues we should be aware of. And that done, we should react about it. Hence, this blog entry.



1 comment:

  1. ako di nakatakas sa class ko..hmm bakit kaya.. may nagpahabilin kasi ng isa dyan ng Unknowns niya...

    ReplyDelete