Friday, August 18, 2006

Pretty Thing

Hey you, you pretty thing you
You never read my blogs, do you?
Perhaps it's better if you never do
Your ego then will be enough for two



Hey you, you pretty thing you
I walked home today because of you
I missed my dinner thinking of how you
Stole my heart and broke it true



Hey you, you pretty thing you
Half my cigs I smoke for you
Half the blogs in here for you
And all of me still longs for you



Hey you, you pretty thing you
How come you never miss me too?
How come you left me feeling blue?
How come I never got to you?



Hey you, you pretty thing you
I wrote this poem hoping that you
Will see that I am trying to
Show that I still do care for you



But then my rhyme runs out
Because I know that I will touch nothing in you
I cannot make you feel any warmer
And that you can't make me feel any better



But then the lines go inconsistent
Because even if how hard I try to escape from you
I'm hopelessly still attached to you



And so I find myself
Wishing you were here
Wishing we were like we were before
When you were still talking to me
When you still acknowledge my presence



Hey you, you pretty thing you
I'll hold your hand and dandle you on my knee
I'll whisper to your ear that whatever you do
My feelings for you will always be here



You know, you pretty thing you
They're laughing at me because of you
They tell me I'm stupid and that I'm a fool
And I just nod with them because it is true



But you know, you pretty thing you?
That's fine for me, 'cause I know it's for you
You don't deserve it, I've said it
But I chose to give my heart to you



Hey you, you pretty thing you
I can't give up on me and you
Because I know that when I do
I'd...
I'd...
I'd lose a dream come true in you



"I will go down with this ship,
And I won't put my hands up and surrender,
There will be no white flag above my door,
I'm in love, and always will be."



I'm saying all this now
Because all good things come to an end
And when this feeling finally subsides
I can say that I have done my very best
To show you what I feel for you



And that perhaps these lines I threw
Will somehow find a way through you
And etch me deeper into you
Because no one will love you the way I do



I look down on this keyboard
Because this is all that I can do
To "write it for the world to see"
That it's you, you pretty thing you

No comments:

Post a Comment