Saturday, January 13, 2007

HIV+

LE once told me that one of the things she admires about me most is that I never panic. We were about to submit a reaction paper for our Enzymes class the next day and I haven't really read the articles that well yet. When she asked me about how I would be able to finish it, I simply shrugged and told her that everything would be fine eventually. We're already MS students, I told her. We don't need to grovel with acads as much as we did.



***



D made me confess about the exploration I've done last August (see "Sa Apartment") and one of the things he made me admit (aside from the... other things) was that I wasn't safe when I did what I did.



"What are the chances anyway?" I told him. "He looked healthy enough for me..."



But still, deep in my mind lodges the idea that at present, I might be sick. Even if I do look out for symptoms, I will not be able to see anything this early. It's only been 5 months since that night.



If I were to be tested right now and the results proved that I'm HIV-positive, I will accept it. I was educated enough. I knew the risks that I took, and it was my choice to have done that unprotected. If my death were to be caused by AIDS, so be it. I'm strong enough to handle it. I think.



But how am I going to explain it to those I had sex with since?



The small probability that I might have it scares me enough. But I'm scared more for those who I might have infected... They're probably going to kill me if I am sick.



To be safe, I'll have myself tested next month. Before Valentine's to be safer.



***



But despite this unsolved uncertainty, I'm still not in a panic... as long as I don't uselessly dwell on it often.



:(

5 comments:

  1. nako. na-disturb ako ah.

    screw up (interpret it any way you want) all we want for life is short, but always with caution so we can make the most of it.

    let's choose the mistakes we make really well. hehehehe

    ingat sir! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ang mga kontribusyon nyo para sa burol pwedeng ipadala sa 26H lantana st., qc. ako na po ang bahala sa lupa sa sementeryo pati na kabaong...
    =(

    ReplyDelete