Friday, September 22, 2006

Facing A Facelift

Someone helped me realize that this blog can be used for a higher purpose. I use this blog to share what eventful things are happening in my life, and in that way, I can also share the lessons I have learned from each experience. However, I focused too much on me. Too much on emotional issues, sexual issues, social issues. But not everyone is interested in that. What if I took a change and shared in here some thoughts which are more politically and socially relevant?



I believe that I already have a steady audience out there. Those who are amused by my entries, my students who have enough extra time and curiosity to look into my world, my friends who care for me. I can make them aware of more important stuff like politics, recent world events, or the latest developments in science which may significantly affect us. I've spent enough time dwelling on my personal issues, and I think it's time to widen my horizons to more topics which my reader will find more helpful.



It's not that I'm totally giving up on discussing my personal experiences. Some of you, perhaps, read my blog for the amusement you get from reading those. Some read these, perhaps, for the lessons after each entry. Or some of you may even be reading my entries just to find something to gossip about. (This is SO true... Ehem chem people!) What matters is that now, I can use the popularity of this blog to make you aware of more serious, more relevant issues.



Hopefully, with this coming change, I can be able to draw more people into reading my blog. Perhaps in that way, One Tree House can become a virtual treehouse, a sorta community where people can share their different points of views about certain issues through commenting on them.



But what will we gain by this information exchange? What good will it do us? If we talk about something sensible, something which has a point, we can share it to our immediate friends here in Friendster. And we can spread the message, perhaps leading to a significant change in our society!



It's just like forwarding a joke through our fones. Why can't we do that for spreading helpful information?



I lost the thread of my thoughts since I encountered problems regarding what I wanted to push through. For one, we go to Friendster to amuse ourselves, NOT to be burdened by heavy serious stuff. For another, many of you might already be aware that there is a need for us to be involved in social issues and are willing to discuss them but you think that Friendster is not the proper place for that kind of thing.



Wow... I don't know. I think I've complicated this too far. However, I do believe the following holds true:



  1. This blog is my domain, and I can post anything here if I wanted to. You have the choice to read or to ignore my entries. If I wanted to talk about serious stuff, I can do that. And you cannot stop me.


  2. There is nothing wrong about informing your friends about stuff they need to know, or inviting your friends to talk about significant issues. We need to be involved since we are affected.


  3. Friendster plays a big role in today's youth, hence, it might be a powerful tool to spread relevant thoughts.


  4. I know I may not be well-equipped enough to tackle hardcore issues but at least I am trying. And trying by itself already makes a difference. That's what I believe anyway.


  5. I believe that I am half-crazy for uselessly analyzing this when in fact, I can talk about serious stuff without prior notice and nobody would give a damn!


  6. This entry isn't a total waste. The fact that you're still reading means that I have interested you enough.


  7. My head ached after rereading this entry. It's like I spoiled what I wanted to push through because I discussed it in detail.


  8. I'm not in my best state of mind while writing this. I am not focused enough because I have a take-home exam, and instead of attempting to answer it I'm blogging about something which doesn't have an immediate deadline.


  9. I will be panicking a few hours from now because I haven't written a single thing for my exam, but being the procrastinator, I will just sleep and worry about it in the morrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment