Sunday, September 3, 2006

Music Update: "Break" Lineup Finalized

04 September 2006
Cebu City



Music compilation guru, Mr. Bryan Christian N. de la Isla, has announced the finalization of the songs to be included in this semester's much-awaited album from Electrique, "Break."



In a press conference held in the Shangri-la Hotel in Cebu City, Mr. de la Isla gave hints and comments about his latest music sensation yet to come. "This album is my loudest album yet. You will be blown away by the first few songs in this one, and the energy level is sustained until the five or four ending songs. This one will keep you jumping and tearing at your hair!"



The media people asked him what was the inspiration for this sudden change in theme, since his past four albums were all decidedly sad. "So much has happened for the past few months," he answered. "That I got sick of the endless drama and self-analysis shit. Now I've got a reason to celebrate and be as loud as I can."



The people nagged him about this latest source of inspiration, but he only replied that that information is confidential.



But what does "Break" really mean? "It means to break away," he announced. "Break away from the chains that hold us back from who we really are. I got this from a line from track number 4. It says 'I will break away, I'll find myself today...'"



When reporters asked how this one compares to previous albums, Mr. de la Isla replied, "I cannot say if this is better than "Lovely" or not. What I am certain of is that this is the most upbeat, most angsty, and least sad of all my albums. If critics say that Lovely is still the best, I'm sure that this will be the second best one."



"The songs in "Break" are arranged in a storybook manner. You have the introductory songs, the body, and the conclusion. That's why it starts loudly, yet [it] ends peacefully... Listeners can easily figure out the message behind this album."



The fans clamored about what songs will be included for this compilation, and to this Mr. de la Isla replied, "It's from a mixture of old and new bands. I have songs from my old faves, The Cranberries, Alanis Morissette, Linkin Park, and Avril Lavigne, as well as from new faves like Fiona Apple, Dashboard Confessional, Smashing Pumpkins, Corinne Bailey Rae, and even Enya."



Mr. de la Isla ended the conference amidst loud disapproval from fans and the media people alike. "I have some matters to attend to, and funds to raise..." he said, turning away while immediately answering a phone call.



The cover for "Break", Electrique confirmed, has been completed weeks before, but the inlay is yet to be finished. If sufficient funds will be collected, the album will be released late this September or in early October.
(RIOTERS)

2 comments: