Saturday, June 17, 2006

Open-Mindedness

According to the test I took at www.web.tickle.com:



"Bry, you're more sinful than the average person.


"And it's affecting your life in ways you might not realize. For one thing, your sex drive may ultimately be your downfall. Beware of prioritizing sexual experiences and conquests above other things. These kinds of desires alone should not control your life.

"If you continue to focus on them, you might find yourself jeopardizing the things that are most important to you."








My reaction? I kinda laughed inside. (Can you imagine laughing with your eyes looking scared? Like being caught in a lie and trying to laugh your way out?) Was it true?? Ummm, let's just proceed with the rest of this blog. Okay, fine fine! Yes, I think it is true.




"Sexual conquests"? Hahahaha! "Jeopardizing the things that are most important to you"? Hmmm, makes me think.






I took another test. A harmless one called the Color Test. Here's the result:






"Bry, the first color you chose reveals that you're feeling Calm today.
"For centuries, colors have been known for their energizing, calming and empowering qualities. In schools of psychology, a leading color theory suggests that your color preferences can also indicate what's on your subconscious mind. From your choices, here's what we found out about you. Like other people who chose Blue first, you tend to take things in stride. Instead of getting worked up over situations, you probably solve problems without feeling too much emotional stress. The fact that you chose Blue first also indicates that others probably see you as a mild-mannered person who has a balanced approach to life.

"How rare is this color choice? 33% test takers also chose Blue first, but less than 0.10% of test-takers share your exact 8-color sequence."






See, reader? I am following what I've written in "Hiatus." I'm not thinking or feeling too much lately. However, I kinda laughed inside (again) about this part: "Instead of getting worked up over situations, you probably solve problems without feeling too much emotional stress." HA! One of the best jokes I've ever heard!






But honestly, I don't feel too worked out about my other problems. Financial ones, for instance. Or problems regarding my acads or my work. I only throw my head over the fence about my emotional problems, so in a way, the result is still quite true...






I took one last test for the day in that website - a difficult one about my handwriting, and here is what it revealed:






"Bry, your handwriting reveals that you are Orderly.
"Your writing style reflects that you like things to be neat and orderly, and that you generally follow the rules necessary to keep things clear."






What I do know is that most people I know (especially women) are loads more orderly than I am. At least, I think I can say that I am not a complete slattern.




I changed my mind and took one more test called The Religion Test. Here's what it said about me:






"Bry, your belief system is best suited to religions that value open mindedness.


"How do we know? While you were taking this test, we compared your religious beliefs against 10 of the world's most common religions. Your score shows that you share core beliefs with religions that encourage you to find your own spiritual path.

"You are attracted to a religion that tolerates mixed beliefs about the existence of God and upholds the idea that there is something to be learned from every religion. You are open to a wide variety of religious and spiritual ideas. You are attracted to spiritual groups that are composed of typically open-minded and intellectual people who actively engage in individual exploration of many different spiritual truths."








VERY true.






If I turned out to be a psychologist, what are the risks of me going insane? Will I continually analyze myself, taking tests all the time to completely map the basis of my emotions and urges? Will I do psychological techniques on myself to improve what I think needs to be improved? Or will seeking psychological help from other people fail since I already know what they are trying to do to me?






Being a chemist did not prevent me from feeling. It did not prevent me from analyzing myself even if I already have a notion that emotions are but impulses from our nerves. That feelings are carried out by chemicals - by organic molecules or by ions, in some cases. I have a feeling that even if scientists have already established that feelings are simple by-products of chemical reactions, I would still be like this. Who would choose to live a life without happiness or pain anyway?






I'm on my way to hell. In my Form 5, I write that I am a Roman Catholic, even if I am not. Who would stay in a religion where homosexuality is shunned? Sometimes, people are just too blind! You, reader, answer this question I got from the same site.






























Homosexuality is:
  A special blessing that warrants reverence
  A completely natural sexual orientation
  A sexual tendency that should be discouraged and overcome
 

A sinful and perverted sexuality

No comments:

Post a Comment