Thursday, June 29, 2006

A Note/ Plan V

This afternoon, I was checking my Chem 16 students' prelabs, and I came upon this small sheet of paper inserted in a lab notebook. The thing was... it was not from the lab notebook owner.



It was a note of apology, primarily. A short one, but heartfelt. I knew immediately who it came from. The handwriting was quite obvious, and the tone somewhat familiar. It was signed as someone I don't know - a jumble of letters or an anagram perhaps? But I know who it came from. I felt it.



Well, I think it was I who should apologize for what happened. I was really in an irritable mood that day, I never thought of how my words might sting. I really am sorry and I am not angry at you. I've never been. It takes a lot for me to be really angry at someone.



I've noticed you've been hanging around IC again, and I want you to feel more comfortable whenever I come across you. I think you were a bit shocked, the first time you came face-to-face with me. Don't be. We are friends, and nothing will change that, okay?



***



>>Operation Reports for PLAN V:



Plan A
Time: 0900 hours.
Date: 28 June 2006.
Location: Gateway.
Head of Operations: Commander B.
Medium: Agent Drew.
Status: Failed.
Cause: Transmission Error, Communication Stopped.
Reason: Unknown.
Hypotheses: Unnerved about enemy position? Found something else to concentrate on?
Decision: Abort operation. (Neknek nya!)



Plan B
Time: Not assigned yet.
Date: Possibly next week.
Location: Not assigned yet.
Status: On-Going.
Head of Operations: Lt. Divine Lisa.
Medium: Col. Miami Vice.
Chances of Success: 70%
Hindrances: Enemy position. Action specificity. Sufficient response to enemy.
Decision: Go go go! (Good luck D!)



Plan C
Time: Not assigned yet.
Date: Near future?
Place: Not assigned yet.
Status: Not even begun but already approved. Reply accepted. Waiting for verification.
Head of Operations: Commander B.
Medium: Agent Drew.
Chances of Success: Projected --> 50%
Hindrances: Enemy appearance. Too formidable. Might not respond favorably.
Decision: Waiting... (Gito or rehjim?)



Plan D
Time: Classified.
Date: XX July 2006. Later date eyed.
Place: Classified.
Status: Plans to attempt second attack. First attack failed. Second attempt not started yet. Last resort.
Head of Operations: Commander B.
Medium: Agent Drew.
Chances of Success: 80%
Hindrances: Funds.
Decision: On hold. To operate if previous plans fail. (Sure thing)



Plan E
Time: Classified.
Date: Three months to go.
Place: IC.
Status: No actions done yet. Target yet to be observed if worth attacking.
Head of Operations: Commander B.
Medium: Mistress V.
Chances of Success: Unknown.
Hindrances: No information about target. Not enough signs.
Decision: Waitlisted. Observe target. (History repeats itself)



>>Classified Operation:



Plan F
Head of Operations: Secret Agent A
Medium: Classified.
Status: On-going but slow in progression. Might be aborted.
Chances of Success: 1%?
Hindrances: Past associations? Target inconsistency.
Decision: Commander B has stopped this operation. Secret Agent acts on his own decision. Still given permission to submit reports to headquarters.

Reports Submitted: Target unattached. Target exhibiting weird behavior amomg like targets. Agent decision about target ---> possibility of being infected with H or B Virus.



***



>Commander B's Notes:
>>Life isn't all that hard. Never give up from your failures. This is for you. For >>your own good. Don't let others hold you back from doing what you should. In >>combat, be safe, bring ample protection. Know about combat beforehand. >>Learn enemy terrain - look for site points. Target desirable areas. Most of all, >>have fun. be yourself. Learn to be you, soldier.
>>
>>End of message.



1 comment:

  1. Was this the note of apology? Nah. What's up with the military guise? Reminds me those ROTC days.
    By the way... do you know what being a soldier means? I think we were told then that it means "to be sold-out" to your own country or something like that.
    A 1% chance of success is fine. There will still be other unexpected factors that'll arise soon, and the tides may turn.

    ReplyDelete