Tuesday, March 14, 2006

"Eleven" and "Back For More"

There is nothing worth saying today except that my new album is almost ready. I am currently planning its reproduction and hopefully, I will be able to finish it on time. I am quite excited about it. (Doesnt show)



For those who do not know about these (especially my students), I will try to enlighten you. I got into the habit of giving away compilations since I was in first year high school. Being musically inclined (more in a critical manner), I found it fulfilling to be able to share to others songs which I have found to be very nice to listen to. I gave them to classmates and friends as gifts, and now, to my students as a parting gift.



Since I have been doing this for almost nine years already, you might say that I have gained a sort of expertise on how to really do a proper compilation. Still, I am not saying that I would be able to please all of you. Some might find my new album distasteful. Well, I have tried... I will feel bad if that happens of course, but what can I do?



This will be my third post-college album. The first one, "Eleven", was released last year around October. I only made two copies. One for me, and one for a student. What was it about? It was about misery. Incomprehensible misery. Having feelings for the wrong person. It was about shit. The shit that happens when everything goes wrong between the two of you. It was about making a mistake, which, if I was given a chance to correct, I wont change. In a way, it was about shit that was bound to happen, especially to people like me. Get it?



  1. Avril Lavigne - How Does It Feel


  2. Plumb - Boys Don't Cry


  3. 6 Cycle Mind - Sige


  4. Natalie Imbruglia - Left Of The Middle


  5. Marion Raven - Six Feet Under


  6. The Corrs - What Can I Do (Tin-Tin Out Remix)


  7. Session Road - Suntok Sa Buwan


  8. Westlife - Can't Lose What You Never Had


  9. Simple Plan - When I'm With You


  10. Avril Lavigne - Fall To Pieces


  11. Sugarfree - Kuwarto


A short album with just eleven songs. It was an album in blue and gold and black with a sort of Egyptian design. An eye in the middle. Sinuous lines. Gold lettering on blue.



My next album (my favorite one of all so far) was called "Back For More". Released just a month after "Eleven", during the enrolment period for the second semester. It was dedicated to my Chem 16 TFW2QR2 students last. I gave most of them copies.



What was it about? My life for the first semester. It was my soundtrack for that period of time. It was about loss. Losing X, losing Y, losing my students. The first few songs show sadness, picking up on a few tracks, although you can feel that the sadness is interlaced through the whole album. What I like about it is that the songs follow each other. They seem to be singing the same wavelength, giving the same message. A whole and complete album. An album fit for the class I miss most.



  1. Avril Lavigne - Take Me Away


  2. Frente! - Bizarre Love Triangle


  3. Britney Spears - Someday (I Will Understand)


  4. Hale - Broken Sonnet


  5. Linkin Park - My December


  6. Simple Plan - Everytime


  7. Michelle Branch - One Of These Days


  8. Gabrielle - Out Of Reach


  9. Lifehouse - Blind


  10. Gwen Stefani - Luxurious


  11. Green Day - Wake Me Up When September Ends


  12. Natalie Imbruglia - Goodbye


  13. Plumb - Taken


  14. The Cranberries - Dreaming My Dreams


  15. ATeens - Back For More


  16. Ryan Cabrera - Always Come Back To You


  17. Sarah McLachlan - I Will Remember You


  18. Bonnie Bailey - Ever After (Eric's Beach Mix)


  19. Alanis Morissette - You Learn


I made "Back For More" as the title track since it says: "When you think the party's over, look over your shoulder, I'm at your door, coming back for more..." That was my message to my former students. Im never really gone unless it is you who is pushing me away. I also like how I closed the album with "You Learn", especially the lines "You lose, you learn. You love, you learn. You live, you learn."



What about the cover? It was in light yellow. Childish drawings theme. I had my students take a psychology test before by drawing a person and I used those drawings for the jacket of the CD. My psychology test drawing was the cover. Comments on the significance of each song was included as well as the lyrics of selected songs.



If ever (I know this entry isnt that interesting...) you are curious about the coming album, try reading "The Locked Door In Me." If you want a copy, you may tell me. If youre my student, you dont need to. I will give you one.



Good? Good.

1 comment: