Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I Challenge You To Refute This

April 14, 2009

I believe that it is unfair for religious people to persecute us gays and our actions because they do not know how it feels. Let me see them humiliate themselves if they were gay. Let me see them try and give up what, for them, is natural. Why should I restrain myself from my desires while the straight ones can? While they can? Do you see any fairness in that?

I still cannot believe how God can create gays and then prohibit them from being living the lives they were meant to live. Some argue that a man associating with another man is unnatural. Unnatural? When it naturally occurs in the higher animals as well? How can that supposed "law" (which is causing so much misery for LGBT's around the world) agree with all the rest of God's rules? Logically, if you are agreeing that there is such a law, then it appears that God is condemning some of His creations to life of cruelty and discrimination. If that is your idea of God then what a loving God you have!

Yes, I respect that most people who are fighting against homosexuality want to retain the order of society - the supposed well-defined roles of a man and a woman in a family. That they are afraid that once this so-called "Law" falls, it will ultimately lead to chaos. But I believe that this may be resolved through information and an open mind. If the masses understand the real situations of gays then it will be easier for them to accept it. The real culprit in this massive disinformation campaign is religion, pushing away those people they should have helped, being the self-proclaimed righteous ones they are.

I believe that they are fools for not seeing the bigger picture of what God really stands for - and this is why I do not want to associate myself with any religious organization. Since they spend a lot of time studying the word of God, it is right that I should expect more knowledge from them. But they still have inconsistencies, even within themselves. For one, if they identify themselves as being enlightened, why do they keep dividing themselves into smaller and smaller groups? Why can't they just accept everyone because they are all believing in the same God anyway? In the end, some of these groups exist solely for their personal glorification and are not really adherents to what they should have been following.

And what about the good things that gays and gay love have contributed to society? Did religion, being the enlightened one, turn a blind eye on these? Love is love! If millions of men will be happier just because society will be more accepting, isn't it worth a try to save them? No? Will you answer honestly, believer?

I believe in a God that is fair. I believe that He wants all of us to be happy. If we are to assume that the Bible is valid, then you might have misinterpreted it. In the same manner you conveniently squeeze out of arguments when other biblical claims are proven false by science.

If you will only open your mind, you will realize that being gay is very hard. You will realize that you have treated some of us unfairly just because we were gay at one point or another.

I admit that I myself have been a bit vehement in this entry but I will not apologize because I have the right and the need to express these. If you were in my shoes, would you have written differently?

Yes, I believe that there is a God but sometimes, I think some close-minded religions are making Him look worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment