Wednesday, April 13, 2011

One Big Fraud

January 18, 2008

Bryan de la Isla is a big fraud. I saw him looking at Hunter's Multiply profile again. I caught him reading his blog, checking his pictures. I heard his voice waver as he read about Hunter's feelings towards this other girl person. I saw his eyes shine when he saw Hunter's pics where a girl was hugging Hunter and holding his hands. I saw him crumple on his seat as the people behind him mentioned something about Hunter's pictures being about pre-nuptial rites.
I saw him. I caught him red-handed. He who tells everyone that he has already moved on. He who tells everyone that it was no big deal and that he has already awakened from his stupidity. He and his fucked up albums. He and the tales he tells his students in class. He and his big mouth, telling lies in front of his friends.
I saw him after, wandering around in UP. I saw him, looking up at the night sky, looking lost and letting himself be drenched by the rain. I heard his mind and his heart arguing. His eyes were bright in the yellow lamp lights, but he shed no tear. Reason was about to win but his heart asked, "What is the truth Bryan?" and he had no answer.
He thought about his baby. About how unfair this would be to him. But his baby doesn't understand because his baby hasn't felt how it is to be heartbroken. His baby cannot fully understand the impact of what Hunter did to him because his baby was a man of reason and little emotion.
Somebody told him that the key to forgetting is love not time. But how can he get his fill of love from his baby when the truth is that...
Bryan de la Isla is a big fraud and he is hopeless. Drawn to the flame and is willing to burn. Giving his all for the person he will never have...
He is a fraud. He is a fool. And I for one know that his upcoming dance album isn't a celebration but merely a distraction from the truth that is nagging at his heart.
Hunter is surrounded by girls. Hunter is getting married. Hunter doesn't give a damn about what happens to him... And still he comes back everytime his defenses weaken.
And later he will cry. He will let it all out so that he'll be okay when he meets his baby tomorrow. But Bryan de la Isla... is one big fraud.
***
There's a corner of your heart for me.
There's a corner of your heart just for me.
I will pack my bags just to stay in the corner of your heart.
Just to stay in the corner of your heart.

There is room beneath your bed for me.
There is room beneath your bed just for me.
I will leave this town just to sleep underneath your bed.
Just to sleep underneath your bed.

There's one minute of your day.
There's one minute of your day.
I will leave this man just to occupy one minute of your day.
Just to occupy one minute of your day.

Just to sleep underneath your bed.

Just to stay in the corner of you heart.
[Ingrid Michaelson/ Corner of your Heart]

No comments:

Post a Comment